What I am about to post for you here is real. This comes from an Occupy Wall Street Website, posted by an individual by the name of Lloyd J. Hart. While I am ready to get into what is being said on this website, a little background information is needed so all of you know about what is being said here. While searching through the website and entering the “About” section, the author of the website is very clear to state that this is NOT an official Occupy Wall Street website and members are not connected with other groups in the movement, although all in the movement are welcome to come to the website and form up in the fight against…well…we will get to that in just a moment. This is like nothing I have ever seen, and it shows why this movement is not only a joke but why it is so badly organized, as I have written in the past.
Lloyd J. Hart, an individual poster on the website (linked above) lists demands that need to be met for the crowd to be satisfied. I would go through all of them, but seeing this list of demands must be done for yourself at their website. The demands go from a mandatory minimum wage of $20 per hour all the way up to removing the private health care system in America and giving free college education to all. Like I wrote about yesterday, these individuals are looking for something free, and I have yet to see on the website or anywhere else for that matter anyone speaking up against these demands that are a member of the “Occupy” crowd. Those who I see commenting are either telling the poster they need to start from one point and work their way through the list, or even one poster who said he has supported the group in the past but is having seconds thoughts after seeing the list.
This is much more easily explainable than it actually seems. These demands, which also include an open border system, promise of a “living wage”, a trillion dollars in infrastructure spending, and across the board debt forgiveness for all shows what kind of people we are dealing with here. Now, if I were to guess, I would say that this group is not only anti-capitalist but very friendly to a system that would rival those in nations that are in the deepest trouble in our world today. Why would we bring our nation down to the point of more turmoil when we have already seen problems from the out of control social systems in this nation? That does not seem to make sense.
But then I realized something! I realized that this is almost exactly what many far-Left Democrats have been proposing for many years now. This is nothing new, and nothing has changed. While we will never get the President to comment on these demands, we can be certain he would agree to many of them if he had the chance. There are even more radical individuals who use their positions of power to move these types of things through Congress, so I am not surprised to see members of this group demanding opportunities that have been discussed in the past many times over.
I would like to go through this list that is on the “Occupy Wall Street” website and comment on each of them. You can follow along here if you would like to see the list of demands as I go through them.
1. End Free Trade and add tariffs to all products entering the United States, while also instituting a $20 an hour minimum wage- While there could be discussions about the free trade demand, the fact of the matter is there are very few businesses that could afford to pay all of their employees $20 an hour and survive it. This is the first example of allowing the government to take more control and not allowing the market to dictate how much a person should make for what they do. In this demand, you would not only lose jobs but put an even bigger burden on the federal and state governments when they had to pick up the tab for the unemployment of these workers when they were laid off.
2. Introduce an single payer health care system where private insurers are excluded from the market- This is something we heard during the health care debate, did we not? Does it sound familiar? This plan would take away any kind of free market system in health care and replace it with a government backed system. In this system, the doctors would have to take less from the government for seeing the patients, introducing what other socialized nations have already seen: a backlog of patients who have a hard time seeing a doctor because the doctor is not making enough to keep his practice. For some reason the far left and this crowd believe it would never happen here because we are the United States. Unfortunately, it will happen if this was ever introduced. Remember, our new health care system is not nearly this radical, and we are already seeing prices rise and doctors who do not want to accept the small payments they receive from accepting Medicare patients. The on thing this group could never do is force a doctor to see a patient, which makes the plan worthless.
3. Guaranteed living wage regardless of employment- More of a burden on those who will still pay taxes in this nation. Those who are left working after the $20 an hour minimum wage is instituted will see their taxes skyrocket to pay for this, since there is no way just the “rich” could afford everything in this plan.
4. Free college education- Do I even need to tell all of you why this idea is not even in the realm of logical…do I? There is no mention how the professors who make good money teaching these courses will ever be paid like they are today in this plan, so we must take it as seriously as all the other plans. The money would come from the government, of course, and those professors who believe they need to be paid more will not teach or go to another country. You will be left with a stadium filled with students being taught by one professor, or you will be left with colleges not being able to accept students as they have before. Either way, everyone loses. (Do I even need to mention that getting something for free when not having to work for it is not really earning it at all? I mean, come on, what do these people WANT to pay for? Anything?)
5. End “fossil fuels” while giving more money to the green movement- As we have seen, alternative energies are not working in this nation. People do not want them, and in a free society you cannot tell people what they want and when they should have it. The government has already tried that (i.e. Solyndra) and the people are out of good tax money because the companies like them cannot stand without government help. While there may be a time in the future when this country moves toward that system of energy, it will not be anytime soon.
6. One Trillion in infrastructure spending- Add that to the near trillion we spent on the first stimulus and we will have crappy roads with a lot of rich union members. What will we have if we did not do this? Crappy roads but one trillion saved!
7. One trillion in ecological restoration- Go plant a tree and shut up! No one outside the tree huggers would ever think this was possible, let alone logical.
Are you getting angry yet? We still have five more to go, so if you need a break and need a sleeping pill to lessen the aggravation, just bookmark the page and come back later to see the rest.
8. Racial and gender equal rights amendment- Something ELSE we have heard a lot from the Left about, have we not? There is a pattern emerging here! Do we really need this? Do we not have civil rights legislation, the bill of rights, and state Constitutions? All this does is anger those who may be religious, which by the way far outnumber those who would ever think this was a good idea.
9. Open border travel- This has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life, yet I here many in both parties who are for it. The idea is to open up the borders and to allow all people to come in and work, live, play, and blow up whatever it is they feel like. I would also venture to guess all of these people from all over the world would have to be given the living wage and also the $20 an hour minimum wage, so what we are left with is a nation not with a nice car in front of every house but a homeless family with their cardboard box in front of every house.
10. Make all elections paper ballot and have them counted and recounted by independent observers- Elections are a state issue. The federal government does not mandate a city, county, or state on how to collect votes and what medium to use to collect said votes. To do something like this would take way from states rights, which would cause even more problems than the ones that would obviously occur in this plan up to now. To say the federal government should have control over everything and everyone is to say the people cannot live their lives and decide how to live in their own. If you need government to wipe your bottom, that is fine, we have a program for that already.
11. Across the board debt forgiveness for all- So now we will force banks to forgive loans that people took out when they knew they could pay? This seems almost as logical as the $20 an hour minimum wage increase and allowing the next terrorist to cross over the boarder with our new “anyone is welcome” campaign.
12. Outlaw all credit reporting agencies- This is getting boring, isn’t it folks? Are you getting tired, because I am getting tired writing about this already. In any event, I have no idea what this does to make this nation better other than get people like myself to admit themselves into the mental hospital (which under this plan I would NOT have to pay for, thank you) and stay there until the voices in my head told me I was ok to leave.
Did I say five more…I meant six! I would not be mad at all if you just said you were done and left…really, I would not be!
13. Allow open union votes anytime- If you want to make a union where you work, good luck my friends. What we have here is another Left wing stunt to try and get even more companies to form unions because the majority of private companies are not unionized, compared to their counterparts in the public arena. We have seen what unions can do (i.e. GM) and getting the American people, even many union members, to believe this is not a very easy task. I could make them believe I was a woman giving birth before you could convince the majority of private industries that their employees and their company would be better with a union.
I feel good about going through all of those points with everyone this afternoon, because maybe some of you who doubted me previous will not be able to admit that those who are out there fighting are either fighting for plans like this or they have no idea why they are fighting in the first place. What this nation needs is a more open style of enterprise, not a style run by the government keeping private industry down. There are those who do not like those who are rich because of the money they make, but many more dislike them because they are not in the same position. What I can say for sure is that the American people, right now, would never go for 99% of what is listed here, and that is a conservative estimate. Those out on the streets screaming that the rich are too rich should think about starting their own company and being rich themselves. There are many in this nation who grew up with nothing that today have everything they ever wanted. This was done by hard work, not done by the government.