Finally... After dancing around the edge of being a candidate, then finally getting into the ring, we were finally able to see Thompson on stage w/the rest of the guys. For my part, I'll have to say I wasn't that impressed, especially considering he's a guy that's supposed to be used to the camera...but then again, maybe that's only when he has a script.
At any rate, here's a sample of some of the coverage:
* GoP Thompson's TV debate debut falls flat  - San Francisco Chronicle
* Fred calls foes 'boring,' but he's hardly life of the party  - NY Daily News
* Thompson's debate debut a dud  - Houston Chronicle
* Thompson displays lack of command  - Boston Globe
* Freddy just not ready  - NY Post
* Thompson dull in long awaited debut  - The Politico
* Thompson Stays Awake, Squeaks by on Big Test  - Margret Carlson
* Thompson survives debut  - The Hill
Not exactly overwhelming accolades. Granted, it was his first time out, but he needed to be better. This just underlines what I think was the biggest strategic mistake of the campaign so far...that of waiting too long to get in. First off, it's hard to keep people interested for that long a period of time and, even if you do, you've raised expectations to such a point that you're bound not to meet them. Mission accomplished.
(full disclosure: I'm on the Romney bandwagon)