Support the American Energy Act!
The American Energy Act is the "all of the above" approach to our energy problems. It's the bill that allows for the development of American sources of oil to lower gas prices, but also recognizes that oil must be used as a bridge to a much more diversified energy future.
The American Energy Act (H.R. 6566) would:
- Open our deep water ocean resources and the Arctic coastal plain to drilling and allow development of our nation's shale oil resources
- Cut red tape that blocks construction of new refineries
- Provide a monetary prize for developing the first economically feasible, super-fuel-efficient vehicle reaching 100 miles-per-gallon
- Provide tax incentives for improving energy efficiency
- Spur the development of alternative fuels
- Establish a renewable energy trust fund using revenues generated by exploration in the deep ocean and on the Arctic coastal plain
- Permanently extend the tax credit for alternative energy production, including wind, solar and hydrogen
- Eliminate barriers to the expansion of emission-free nuclear power production
Tell Congress you want the "All of the above" approach to America's energy future. Tell them you support the American Energy Act - and you expect them to as well!
The Democrat leadership is stalling on this issue. Tell them you want a vote NOW!