Drew McKissick's blog
You've heard about it and read about it. Perhaps you've even experienced it.
But now it's time to do something about it.
It’s time for Americans to stand up and tell Big Brother that they have had enough of the insanity of violating our constitutional rights in order to travel.
It’s time to say NO to virtual strip searches by nude body scanners that produce images that could be stored or possibly found on the Internet.
It’s time to Say NO to “enhanced” body searches that would be considered sexual assault if done by anyone not working for the government.
The fact is that our government does NOTHING to screen passengers based on terrorist profiles so as not to “offend” anyone. Instead, they subject EVERYONE - from twelve year old boys to eighty year old grandmothers - to virtual strip searches and physical groping of privates. read more »
Have you joined the campaign to pressure Congress to stop the coming tax hikes? If you haven't be sure to click here and sign the petition and contact your members of Congress.
We also have a donate your status application there for Facebook and Twitter users that allows you to donate one update per week automatically until the end of the year to urge your friends and followers to join the effort.
Lame Duck danger...
Congress is back in town and it's "Lame Duck" time - and up at the top of the list of left-over "things to do" for Obama and company is to pass the "DREAM Act".
And we have to stop them!
Here are some details:
1) It will NOT be limited to "children" - but put illegals in their 30's and 40's on a "path to citizenship".
2) It will put taxpayers on the hook for federal benefits to those covered, (including student loans and grants and instate tuitiion benefits).
3) It provides safe harbor for any alien - including criminals - from being deported if they simply submit an application.
4) Many criminal aliens, including gang members, deportation fugitives, and those guilty of voter fraud or marriage fraud, would be eligible for amnesty.
5) Over TWO MILLION illegals will be eligible for DREAM Act amnesty.
Even though many Americans may have thought electing a more conservative Congress would put an end to this garbage, Obama has said he wants this passed in the "Lame Duck Congress" as a "downpayment on comprehensive immigration reform".
read more »
Tomorrow (Tuesday), the Senate Republican caucus will meet in Washington to organize itself for the upcoming Congress. More importantly, they will be debating new rules.
Senator Jim DeMint and others are pushing for a rule to BAN EARMARKS for Republicans – and he needs your help.
Currently, there are about a dozen senators that support the ban, but that’s not enough.
All conservatives should contact their Republican senators and let them know that you support the ban on earmarks. Let them know that it is important for Republicans to set an example of fiscal responsibility and transparency.
It’s important that you contact them as soon as possible.
Call them, email them – or click here and send them an online fax. You can even use our fax portal to send a note to all Republicans at once if you like.
Again, the meeting is next Tuesday, so contact them soon.
While the election is over and we have won a tremendous victory, the current Congress is still open for business.
And they need to hear from you!
The reason why is simple, unless Congress acts, our taxes are going to go up AUTOMATICALLY on December 31st.
Tell them to vote to PERMANENTLY extend the Bush tax cuts - and then to GO HOME and let the new Congress take over in January.
You can also have a great impact on this issue by sharing it with friends on Facebook or Twitter.
Simply click here and "donate your status" to this campaign. Our new application will automatically post a message to your status updates once every 7 days until December 31st calling on Congress to act. read more »
The following map of US congressional districts, (via the NY Times), shows which district were "held" by Repubilcans (red), and which were "won" by Republicans, (red/black stripes). Dems are in Blue.
Keep in mind that there are still over a dozen races yet to be determined, (the ones shown in gray), more than half of which will likely fall the Republicans.
A few things really stand out when you see if this graphically:
1) The Democrats really are a largely "coastal" political party.
2) Despite being told that we had to back off of that "border control stuff", you'll notice that Republican challengers WON several districts along the US/Mexican border. I guess border control and a strong stance on immigration even sells in areas with a lot of - gasp! - immigrants!
3) The evolution of rural seats in the deep south towards the GOP is pretty much complete, (with the most of the exceptions being the majority black districts. These are districts that are conservative, but were held by long time Democrat incumbents. After next year's redistricting, they should remain in Republican hands for a long time.
4) New England has Republicans again. Joe Scarborough and other RINO's have complained that we didn't have any because we wouldn't let moderates get nominated. Looks like we're more successful when we nominate conservatives, huh? read more »
...the conservatives are coming, the conservatives are coming!
Some general thoughts and observations about the Republican primaries so far...
* Conservative Republican primary voters are angry. And for now, they're taking their anger out on anyone who looks "establishment". The result is a long overdue house cleaning. The establishment doesn't really grasp what's going on here at the gut level. People are not just "angry" and looking to take it out on someone. We're upset with having our party run by people who patronize us, then set about undermining our goals, or at least not effectively advocating them.
* The NRSC's endorsed candidates have now lost EIGHT primaries to DeMint/Palin endorsed, Tea Party supported candidates. They caused the problem by picking candidates that didn't represent the views (or ardor) of Republican primary voters in those states.
* The "establishment" has only made things worse (for itself). By openly attacking candidates supported by the Tea Party movement they have enflamed the grassroots with new passion. Lesson: don't shoot a hornet's nest with a garden hose.
* We don't need the Senate. Not right now anyway. If the GOP takes the Senate (along with the House), it becomes easier for Obama to demonize Congress in his 2012 re-election bid. Better not to have complete "control" of Congress when he's running for re-election. Until we have a Republican President, it really doesn't matter as much. There's no appreciable difference between having 49 Republicans in the Senate or 51, other than committee chairmanships. So long as Obama is President and has veto power, a majority in the Senate doesn't really matter. read more »
...pass it on!
...can see at least a year and a half in the future
Behold, the predictive powers of Outpost readers!
Back in the Spring of 2009, we ran a poll asking everyone what they thought Obama's public approval numbers would look like come this Labor day. A full 82% put him no better than around 40%.
Not too shabby, considering "The One" was riding high at 60-70% approval at the time, (depending on the poll).
In other words, Outpost readers can see at least a year and a half into the future. Maybe we need to start a Super Bowl poll...then head to Vegas.
Are you ready for the biggest tax increase in US history?
That means that everyone's taxes will go up...right in the middle of a recession!
- Personal income tax rates will go up!
- 35% goes to 39.6%
- 33% goes to 36%
- 28% goes to 31%
- 25% goes to 28%
- And 10% goes to 15%
- The “marriage tax” penalty comes back
- Capital gains taxes go up from 15% to 20%
- Dividend taxes go up from 15% to 39.6%
- And the “death tax” goes from 0% up to a top rate of 55%!
It will be the largest tax hike in American history! And it’s set to happen AUTOMATICALLY under current law – unless Congress acts! read more »